Care and Respect for our Veterans:
- Being the only veteran in this race, I understand the struggles of what our veterans are going through.
- Fix our broken Veterans Affairs systems by ensuring immediate care is received at any healthcare facility, no matter the circumstance or care needed.
- Eliminate veteran homelessness by ensuring every veteran, whether served for 2 years or 32 years, has a quality place to call home. There are thousands of vacant homes that we would be able to take off the bank's books to eliminate veterans homelessness in this country.
- Treat mental problems with the same care and urgency as we do physical problems for our veterans. The red tape and waiting periods for mental health diagnosis is causing a suicide epidemic with our veterans.
- Expand the GI Bill to allow for financial assistance up to 6 months after graduation, to allow for more time to find suitable employment without worrying about financial struggles.