Peace and Disarmament:
- Take disputes with other nations or foreign bodies to the U.N. Security Council for negotiation and resolution.
- Our government should establish a policy to abolish nuclear weapons.
- Urge our government to phase out all bases not specifically functioning under a U.N. resolution to keep peace and bring home our troops stationed abroad, except for the military assigned to protect a U.S. embassy.
- Urge to prohibit all arms sales to foreign nations and likewise prohibit grants to impoverished and undemocratic nations unless the money is targeted on domestic, non-military needs.
A Real Road to Peace in the Middle East:
- I recognize that our greatest contribution to peace in the Middle East will come through our impact on U.S. policy in the region.
- Our commitments to ecological wisdom, social justice, grass-roots democracy, and non-violence compel us to oppose U.S. government support for "friendly" regimes in the region when those regimes violate human rights, international law, and existing treaties.
- Call on congressional intelligence committees to conduct comprehensive public hearings on the development and deployment of weapons of mass destruction by all states in the region.
- Support the removal and/or destruction of all WMDs wherever they are found there.