Renewable Energy Expansion:
- Currently Michigan is required to produce 10% of its energy by renewable resources. I want to push for a more aggressive 50% by 2030.
- New renewable energy development in Michigan, and all across America, will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs in construction, operations, manufacturing, and finance.
- Will bring more than $10 Billion in new investment in Michigan, especially in the Thumb.
- Fracking for oil and gas isn't safe. To protect our water, our air, our health and our climate, we must stop fracking.
- Fracking companies make exorbitant profits at the expense of local communities, which may be left without safe water.
- Communities with fracking have seen declines in property values, increases in crime, and losses in local tourism and agriculture. Pipelines, oil trains and other infrastructure to support fracking add to these harms.